April 5, 2010

Daily Morning Routine

I still wait to reveal my surprise. As all is handled behind scenes and the wheels of bureaucracy turn, I am compelled to continue writing into The Green Hearth blog. I have a list of topics that I have been asked about, and blog entries on these topics (ex. migraines, raw food, menstrual cycle pain and heaviness, skin problems, etc) will follow in the upcoming weeks.

For today I thought I would include my morning routine. This is what I do every morning for my whole being health. I may take a couple days off during the week, but honestly I feel best when I stick to it. The whole routine takes me about 2 hrs, some days longer, some shorter. Here she is:

~Wake with the sun (I am working towards this;)
~Big glass of water
~Bathroom necessities
~Green smoothie
~Raw vitamins and herbal teas
~Dry brushing
~Shower
~Daily yoga (my own routine after years of yoga classes and workshops)
~Dance DVD's (1/2 hr or so routines)
~Strength exercises (I do Pete Cerqua's 90 second strength training)
~Salve and essential oils on my injured knee
~Journalling (part of my daily writing too)

And then my day continues, and I feel like gold. I highly recommend making your health a priority, especially first thing in the day. Then you can do what you need with your day, the most important person is taken care of : YOU! If you are not feeling great, what do you bring to your work, your relationships, your life?

Make your new morning routine today, and be gentle with yourself adopting it, it takes time, especially if you are switching from addictive and unhealthy habits (like too much coffee, fatty and nutrient deficient breakfasts, lack of movement and flexibility). I look forward to my whole morning routine growing and changing to best support me. I would love to incorporate a walk in the park in now that the weather is turning. Go for it! Make your mornings a joy.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Marta,

    I am always so inspired by your creative ways to plan and achieve your goals! I am working on a morning routine as well though still also having difficulties getting up as early as I would like. My ideal routine is this (though it varies considerably by how early I arise):

    -tidying up (this, more than anything, helps me feel clear headed for the day)
    -a short stretching yoga routine
    -15-60 minutes mindfulness meditation
    -writing in my journal, goal setting for that day
    -a healthy breakfast of grains and fruit
    -30 minute walk to work - I would like to incorporate a walking meditation here or often I just listen to music...but so much enjoying seeing the blossoms and listening to the birds singing these days...

    I get the impression that you and Jordan are happier than you have ever been. I had a dream of you both recently where Jordan was planting seedlings in an old electric radio that no longer worked and you were pregnant! Congratulations on all of the success and happiness in your life...

    Alison

    ReplyDelete